Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp EliteDesk 800 G5 Desktop Mini 24inch Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have deployed 60 HP EliteDesk 800 G5 mini desktop all in ones. I have a hand full that on boot, they will emit high pitched tones no matter if a cpu is in the unit or not. I have had a little success here an there with updating the bios and the firmware but that doesn't always work. Is this a hardware malfunction or issue?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

your are removing the CPU , why?

the manual on the PC shows how  to upgrade the BIOS,   (use the boot to uSB upgrade method)!!!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00007682

high pitch, is that the beeper inside? stuck on ?

Update BIOS always has some risk.  

10ways to brick any PC.

https://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-common-mistakes-you-should-avoid-when-flashing-your-b...

seen here, ( my  list is 20 ways)

do not remove the CPU chip, leave it  be.(same with fan heatsink and thermal compound not damaged)

some PCs do in fact screech, (beeper device does) if you have key parts that must be present in the MOBO

and do now ( like NO CPU and NO RAM) the Mobo  can not RUN BIOS code lacking those 2.  It is a cry for help.

if the CPU is removed vast noobs bind the socket pins i3 (up) and will never  run again and even beep like mad.

noobs=new Bee's or those not watching the intel.com video title there , how not to do it wrong?

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

When I say remove the cpu, i mean take the mini desktop out of the back of the monitor from its dock. 

I have to remove the desktop from the monitors to run any bios update, we have not gotten any to upgrade the bios while attached to the monitor. 

The noise comes from the speakers on the front bottom of the monitor so its more of a monitor noise than a desktop noise. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem!   3 Units doing this randomly.

I don't even know how I'm going to open a ticket and troubleshoot.

Because I can't reproduce this sound. It happens randomly.

I'm paired with ProDesk MINI 400 G5

Has support solved your issue? 

Any tips on how to work with support would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi, what chipset do you have inside your Mini PC?

Is it Intel or AMD?

HP Recommended

We are having the same issue here. HP ProDesk 400 G5 with MiO displays.

We have had probably 5 thus far with this issue. Randomly on startup, a high-pitched screech emits from the speaker area. Unplug the power from the monitor, plug it back in and things go on as normal. We have yet to see it reoccur and also have not been able to purposefully recreate it. 

HP Recommended

I noticed there is a Dec 2019 firmware for this monitor.

I've installed it. Hope those problems go away. Fingers Crossed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.