Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Why do I have to reset my audio every time I log into my computer and World of Warcraft. I have to pick my output and input

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @MWStrand 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing audio-related issues on your OMEN 30L Desktop PC GT13-1000a (207P7AV). Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

• May I know from when are you facing this issue?
  • Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it?
  • Also, could you tell me if you are facing this issue only on World of Warcraft? 
  • What happens when you try to play audio on your system?
  • Have you tried connecting a headset?

Please use the link below and update all the drivers on your system. Once done, check the functionality: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I am facing this issue every time I turn on the computer. I have made NO hardware or software changes. It happens when I am playing WOW, I have to reselect my headset and microphone. I can play audio, if I go down to the speaker icon, r/click and select the monitor for sound. I game with a headset and look at computer with just monitor sound

HP Recommended

Hi @Mikelws

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I'd like to help! 

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc. 

Keep me posted. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Model Omer 30LDesktop GT13-1xxxx

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

Your system refreshes and restarts once you power ON. It automatically disconnects from the headset and connects back to the system speaker. This is working as designed. 

Let me know if I was able to answer the correct question.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Is this a reset because of the windows 11 or because of the model?

HP Recommended

It is because of the Windows and not depending on the system model.

Thanks!

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.