Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had the same issue for months with the B&O integrated speaker on my Envy All-In -One.  No one in tech support identified this correctly, and I am talking about hours with them.   In my desperation,  I did a deep Google search and found your answer in this forum.  I and my husband and my dog and my neighbors will be forever grateful to you 😉.   Why doesn’t HP either have the speaker Bluetooth connection off by default or not allow any Device to attach without permission?  A definite design flaw that I wish HP would acknowledge.  I have been unsuccessful in getting this acknowledged by Tech Support.  Any suggestions as to how to reach the higher echelons of HP to complain about this?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi@Beherenow,

Welcome to HP Community!

I have gone through your post and would like to help!

I understand that notebook has an issue with connecting Bluetooth.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any hardware or software changes on your PC?

Try updating the BIOS and chipset driver on your PC and check if it helps.

1.Updating the BIOS  & Windows updated

You can try updating the drivers using HP support assistant.

Refer to this article to know more information about using HP support assistant.

HP PCs - Connecting a Bluetooth Device (Windows) LInk

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended
Case number 5075830013:  I have been having this same problem off and on since July. Loud audio - voices, music, etc. - would come out of my HP Envy integrated B & O speakers on my HP Envy All-In-One and I could not turn it off nor control the volume.  I had to shut down the PC.   Following original suggestions from tech support in July, when I first experienced this, I ran virus detection software, uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers, turned off bluetooth, all audio, disabled realtek through Windows settings, ran a deep power erase using Norton.  None of these worked.   I was still getting voices and music through my All-In-One integrated B & O speakers and unable to control it without shutting down.  Tech support was not able to solve this.  Finally, I researched it on my own and found this in the HP community forum from another poster Caesar88:

"I think I may have identified the problem.  This PC has the following bluetooth speaker controls accessed via the OSD controller at the bottom right of the PC monitor.
Under this menu, there is an Audio menu that has a "HP Envy BT Speaker" option that allows bluetooth connections to audio devices - this seems completely outside of Windows bluetooth pairing and volume controls?
When I switched this option from on to off during when this weird audio stream was being picked up, it stopped!
Is it possible that some device in the area (e.g. a neighbour's apartment) is inadvertently pairing with my PC WITHOUT my permission and streaming audio?  If so, that seems like an oversight from HP and/or Bang&Olufsen in the setup of these integrated speakers."   

I didn't even know about the OSD controller since it's not in the documentation I received with my PC.  I tried Caesar88's suggestions and so far so good.  It seems that others (not in my household) were able to access my speakers via bluetooth even when I had it disabled in Windows setting, as well as having audio disabled.   Using Caesar88's suggestions, I was able to disconnect the HP Envy speaker bluetooth by using the OSD toggle on the bottom of the monitor, which wasn't easy to use, by the way. 
I would like the case to stay open in case it returns so that it can be covered under my existing warranty that expires soon.  And, I would like this forwarded to upper level tech support so that they are aware of this poor configuration on the Envy as others have had the same issue as noted on this forum.  Please confirm.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.