Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Z7E00EA #ABH

I really don't like that HP is lookin over my shoulder what I'm doing on my own computer, whether I check boxes on my computer, etc. I want to turn this off.

How can I turn this off?

HP-datacollection.jpghp_telemetry.jpgFor example on the bang & olufsen app, or teh HP audio switch.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can't. You have no choice but to be spied on by HP. I also purchased an hp specter x360 on black friday, messed around with it and noticed the "data collection" all over the HP software on that laptop. Immediatly wiped the hard drive and returned it. I showed the sales rep at best buy and the microsoft engineer that hppened to be there what the app was doing, both agreed that it is disturbing, especially since you can't opt out. You have no choice but to send your info to HP. The software in question is the actual audio driver, so the only way to get out of sending your usage info to HP is to remove it and not have sound.

This isn't the only major privacy violation from HP in recent months. Look up the key logger they shipped laptops out with last year.

HP Recommended

Has this been fixed (to HP reps in this forum)?

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42309371

or are there still keyloggers in HP software?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.