Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550-203na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a pavilion 550-203na PC which has realtak high definition audion connected to an AOC12369VM monitor which incorporates speakers.

i have connected the monitor with HDMI cable

When i right click the sound icon at the bottom right corner of my screen it states "Speakers Realteak high definition audio not connected"

Should i also connect an audio lead to the audio jack on the back of the computer? I have tried this and get no sound from the monitor speakers.

If i plug headphones into the fron jack then i get sound from them and the sound icon shows "Speakers Realtek high definition audio connected"

I am now confused

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you normally can get sound out of the monitor speakers with an HDMI cable, on your PC, you have to go into the control panel > Hardware and Sound >  Sound (click on Manage Audio Devices) and select the AMD HDMI output.

Sound comes from the AMD graphics card your PC has, via the HDMI cable.

The Realtek HD audio powers a separate set of speakers, or if you can plug the light green audio cable to both the audio out port in the back of the PC and the audio in port on your monitor (If it has one), the monitor speakers would work that way too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

If you normally can get sound out of the monitor speakers with an HDMI cable, on your PC, you have to go into the control panel > Hardware and Sound >  Sound (click on Manage Audio Devices) and select the AMD HDMI output.

Sound comes from the AMD graphics card your PC has, via the HDMI cable.

The Realtek HD audio powers a separate set of speakers, or if you can plug the light green audio cable to both the audio out port in the back of the PC and the audio in port on your monitor (If it has one), the monitor speakers would work that way too.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your advice its been helpful

Connecting the HDMI cable gives sound from the speakers so I will discard the separate audio cable

Its a pity that HP can't provide basic instructions like this with the PC when it is supplied

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.