Arin_18
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

When gaming, an annoying beep or double beep will occur at random

HP Recommended
Hp Omen Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently purchased an Hp Omen Obelisk and have been using it for gaming, such as Destiny 2. As I have been playing, however, I have noticed a random 'beeping' noise will occur. I have managed to figure out that it is originating from system sounds and not the game itself. In addition, I have yet to realise any pattern as to how the 'beep' is produced and have been unsuccessful at recreating it on purpose. As such I am curious as to why this noise is occurring and how I can stop it as it is very loud, irritating and distracting. I have checked to make sure all my drivers are updated and just to clarify, the sound is not being produced from the PC tower, it is either coming through the monitor or headphones depending on which I am using for audio. Any help will be greatly appreciated and if further details are required I am willing to provide. Thanks in advance for any help.

7 REPLIES 7
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,867 21,826 966 1,006
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Arin_18
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
  • Did you make any changes in the settings of your PC prior to the issue?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Arin_18
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

In regards to your questions, my PC product number is 5MM75EA#ABU and I haven't changed any settings as of yet. I have tried to filter through the settings and find what could be making the noise but have yet to actually change anything.

Also thanks for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

Arin_18

0 Kudos
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,867 21,826 966 1,006
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Arin_18

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try this: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04474731Resolving Headphones and Headset Problems  (Windows 8 and 10)

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Riala
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Arin, did you ever find a fix for this? Started playing Destiny 2 on my Omen Obelisk 875-1055xt and I'm getting the double beeps as well.

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
3,584 3,540 388 1,563
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

In the French forum there is a solution for this same type of problem
It would be enough to uninstall the HP command center program !

https://h30478.www3.hp.com/t5/Jeux-Ordinateurs-de-Bureau/Beep-freez-blocage-en-jeu-clique-souris/td-...

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Riala
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip! I was able to get the beeps to stop by force closing the command center process, but it looks like for a more permanent solution I will have to uninstall the command center as you say. I do still want to be about to control my case RGB LEDs. Is there anyway to do this outside of command center?

0 Kudos
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
3,584 3,540 388 1,563
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry
I do not think so !
Unfortunately we had very little similar problem
And I did not have time to deepen the question!
I tried to trace back, the problem, but I do not know if it succeeds, and if a correction is in progress!

Uninstall is only solution than i have

Expert volontaire :Forum Fr 17-10-2009 :

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation