Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion AIO 24 2mj01ea
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I bought new AIO computer, when it starts BIOS there is no white noise, when it starts Windows there it is(

When I press "mute", the noise disappears, when I turn on the sound the white noise appears

I can try to record it if you want.

Noise does not depend on the sound level set in the system, even at a value of 1 and at 100%, the noise sounds the same strength

I try to install last Realtek driver(6.0.1.8281 Rev.A) from your site to comp- no results

When i launch driver pack online- in proposes to upgrade the SST Controller, but i cant and there is error

There is ID of hardware- PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2F0&CC_040300

1.png

maybe this is the problem ? with this driver ?

Or is it a problem in this series AIO ? Could you find the same device and lean your ear against the dynamics when the windows system is running to hear noise ? its very important for me.

I always work in silence and this white noise is very annoying and prevents me from working.

UPD: 

i dont install realtek driver to SST Audio Controller,  i try to install special driver to SST Audio Controller on chipset.

my upgrade driver programm find the update, you can see on top of the screenshot- there is old version installed(gray) and newest(green) from 12.12.2017.

i wrote, i have all in one computer, the speakers are built-in.

///// by the way, when i plug in the headphones to audio card, there is no noise! I think the problem is on chipset and built-in speakers.

i dont have UPS. but all my home digital equipment have no problems. only with hp AIO

I encounter the first time in my life with such a problem Smiley Sad

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@voinja

It looks like you were interacting with @Flower_Bud, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and I'm afraid this confirms a hardware malfunction and the best way forward is to Contact HP to have the device repaired or its parts replaced:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  https://hp.care/2moMFSc

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@voinja

Welcome to HP Forums 🙂

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, you're getting White Noise from your PC,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help 🙂 however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes? 

Have you tried updating BIOS? 

While you respond to that, let's try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Use the troubleshooting tool in Windows

The audio troubleshooting tool in Windows can automatically fix common audio recording and audio playback problems with your computer.

Run the troubleshooting tool using the following steps:

1. In Windows, type find and fix audio into Search, or right-click the speaker icon  in the taskbar and select Troubleshoot sound problems.
  2. Select Find and fix audio playback problems or Find and fix audio recording problems from the Search results.
  3. Click Next.
  4. Select the device you want to troubleshoot and click Next.
  5. Wait while the troubleshooter detects problems and makes changes (or prompts you to make changes).
  6. When the troubleshooter is done, the Troubleshooting has completed page is displayed, listing any problems found and what changes were made to the computer.

NOTE: For detailed information about the troubleshooting, click View detailed information in the troubleshooter window.

Click Close.

7. If a recommended action is displayed, select Apply this fix, or Skip this step to continue to search for other problems.

If the audio problem has not been resolved, continue to the next step.

Restoring the audio driver in HP Recovery Manager

To restore the audio driver in HP Recovery Manager on a computer that came with Windows 10 installed, complete the following steps:

1. In Windows, search for and open Recovery Manager.
  2. Click Reinstall drivers and/or applications.
  3. Select the audio driver in the list, and then click Install.
  4. Wait for the driver to reinstall. When the installation is complete, click OK.
  5. Close HP Recovery Manager and then restart your computer.
  6. Test for sound. If the audio problem persists after reinstalling the driver, try updating the driver using Device Manager.

Updating the audio driver using Device Manager

Make sure the audio device is enabled and then update the audio driver using Device Manager as follows:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
  2. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.
  3. If a sound device is listed with a down arrow, the device is disabled. Right-click the sound device name and select Enable to re-enable the device.
  4. With the sound device enabled, right-click the sound device and select Update Driver Software.
  5. Click Search automatically for updated driver software.
  6. Windows checks for and installs any updated drivers found. The window displays whether the computer already has the latest available driver or if Windows was able to successfully update the audio driver.
  7. If a window opens asking you to restart the computer, restart the computer.
  8. Test for sound. If the audio problem persists after updating the driver, continue to the next step.

If you completed these steps and the latest driver was already installed, use the following steps to uninstall and then reinstall the driver:

1. In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

2. Double-click Sound, video and game controllers.

3. Right-click the sound device and select Uninstall.

4. Restart the computer to reinstall the driver.

5. Test for sound. If the audio problem persists after reinstalling the driver, continue to the next step.

Reset BIOS to defaults (desktop PCs)

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
  3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
  4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.
  5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
  6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Perform a hard reset (All-in-Ones and Desktops)

Many startup errors and other problems can be resolved by a hard reset, which decreases the amount of power stored in hardware components.

1. Shut down the computer, then disconnect the power cord from the rear of the computer.
  2. Press and hold down the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release it. The power light indicator might turn on briefly then go out.
  3. Reconnect the power cord, then turn on the computer to confirm if the issue is resolved.

Run the Audio test from the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F2 key repeatedly, about once every second.
  3. The HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu is displayed. Click Component Tests.
  4. The Component Tests menu displays. Click Audio.
  5. Click Run once to start the test.
  6. Select Speaker to begin the test.
  7. During the test, a few music notes will be played in sequence and repeatedly. Listen carefully and select the number of notes you hear in the sequence. If you enter a tone number incorrectly, run the test again. If you hear nothing, select No sound.

NOTE: Some HP models have a Volume control in the test window. Make sure you increase the volume level before making a music tone selection.

8. When the Audio Test is complete, the results are displayed on the screen.
  9. If the audio test passes, return to the Main menu to exit and restart the computer.
  10. If the audio fails the tests, a failure ID will be provided. Write down the information so you have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in the Test Logs, on the Diagnostics UEFI main page. If the Audio Playback Test passed without errors but the audio problems are still present, continue to the next step.

Update the BIOS (Desktop and All-in-One PCs)https://hp.care/2JIa9gG.

Last but not the least:

Microsoft Push-Button Reset (Windows 10): Make sure you back up your personal data before performing System Recovery: https://hp.care/2w8hUJX.

Let me know how this goes,

For I shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed,

And your device is up and running again,

Have a great day 🙂

Cheers 😉

HP Recommended

I bought computer and after 1-2 hours i find this noise
No any changes. I install drivers from your official web si­te
Yes, i update BIOS

I bought computer wi­th DOS, and install windows

Try to update-last update drivers- no results, uninstall and reinstall driver realtek- no results

Try to reset bios to default.

When in bios there is very weak noise, when windows only start running, the noise begin(

I tried to clean rei­nstall windows, and when there is first system run, the noise allready is (i did­nt install anything or any drivers yet)

HP Recommended

@voinja

It looks like you were interacting with @Flower_Bud, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and I'm afraid this confirms a hardware malfunction and the best way forward is to Contact HP to have the device repaired or its parts replaced:

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  

* Open link:  https://hp.care/2moMFSc

* Enter Product number or select to auto detect

* Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

* Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If you would like to thank me for my efforts to help you, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution".

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.