Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ENVY HP1534 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My sound and Bluetooth drivers were wiped out by the latest "required" Windows 10 upgrade. Microsoft has been no help through several hours of waiting and talking. HP Support site has been no help either as it reads my machine as a Windows 8 computer. I downloaded the 8.1 audio and Bluetooth drivers but the will not install. I also used the HP Assistant and it showed no solution or updates for the audio drivers which I can plainly see in Device Manager. My Bluetooth drivers last appeared as I reset this computer. This is frustrating as I am a content provider and publisher. I already converted my other machines to Linux. I might have to do the same with this one while keeping in mind that I still have a Sony VAIO from 1998 which has NEVER given me a problem and a Toshiba which I had a problem with one time (It's a Linux now). This will probably be the last HP that I buy after having several HP and e-Machines over the years. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

For the audio, the only suggestion I can offer would be to download the W10 IDT audio driver and restart the PC.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe

The parts list for your PC indicates that it comes with a Ralink RT3290 wifi adapter.

That model card is notorious for both the wifi and Bluetooth completely disappearing on the newer W10 build releases.

I'm surprised the wifi still works.

No fix for the bluetooth.  It's gone.

If you need blueooth, buy a cheap USB bluetooth adapter.  I use this one for example.

https://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-USB-Bluetooth-4-0-Compatible/dp/B007Q45EF4

HP Recommended

That Bluetooth solution was one I was trying to avoid. I might as well install Linux. I knw that Mint and other builds support the drivers. This is not feasible because I have one USB port open, since W10 took out my two USB 3.0 ports.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.