Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP COMPAQ dx2080 GN203AV
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have HP COMPAQ dx2080 desktop having serial number INA81301WS but my audio devive not working it says no audio devises installed. Kindly provide me the sutable High definition audio driver

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to try the Vista audio driver from your PC's support page.

This package contains the drivers for the integrated Realtek High-Definition Audio in the supported desktop models and operating systems.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36501-37000/sp36719.exe

Try manually installing the driver if the auto install method doesn't work.

HP Recommended

while installing the driver message comes

No driver was supported in this driver package

kindly provide the desired driver for windows 10 

having model number Hp compaq dx2080 

serial number- INA81301WS

product number- GN203AV

HP Recommended

There is no W7, W8, W8.1 or W10 driver support for that old PC.

So either we have to get the Vista driver to work, or you will have no sound.

See if this works...

Go to the device manager and click on the Multimedia Audio controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp36719.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

If not, please post the hardware ID for the multimedia audio controller.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID.

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

previously I have win 7 running on my pc and audio driver also working but unfortunalety or by some means driver was deleted after that i am having this un resolvable sound problem

hardware id-hdaudio\func_01&ven_10ec&dev_0260

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, what used to work on W7, may not work on W10.

OK, this is the last suggestion I can offer, so let's hope it works.

Go to the device manager, click on the Multimedia audio controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, but this time, at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk and browse to C:\SWSetup\sp36719\Vista\HDARt (setup information file), select the Realtek High Definition Audio device, and see if the driver installs that way.

If there is more than one listed select the 1st one on the list.

Here is a partial copy and paste of that driver setup information file, which shows driver support for the hardware ID you posted.

[AzaliaManufacturerID]
"Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0260
"Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0262
"Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0267
"Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0268
"Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0660
"Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0662
"Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0862
"Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0882
"Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0883
"Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0885
"Realtek High Definition Audio" = IntcAzAudModel, HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0888

HP Recommended

sorry this suggetion also doesn't work it appers

the driver does not start code 10

HP Recommended

I think you are out of luck then.

One final, final suggestion...try the W7 driver directly from realtek.

Accept the agreement.

...1st driver on the list.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownT...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.