Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
dc5750 Microtower Model EW315A
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a dc5750 Microtower that came with Windows 7 and upgraded a driver from the HP site. After that I kept getting a message that popped up on start-up that said, "Could not load file or assembly 'MOMImplementation' or one of its dependencies." I click "OK" every time I started or restarted the computer and everything seemed to be OK.

A few weeks later my video was acting up so put in a stand alone video card (GEFORCE GT 610 with 2 GB DDR3 Memory). It worked great, but my audio stopped working and I spent many hours trying to get audio back working. I took the video card out and have gone back to the video on the mother board and the audio (and video) are now working but that message still comes up on start-up.  I should be able to put in that video card without it causing my audio to disappear. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

On those old machines when you install a video card with a HDMI port, the onboard audio is automatically disabled.

That is because the PC thinks that not only did you install a video card, it thinks you installed an audio card because of the HDMI audio chip on the video card, so it disables both the onboard video, and onboard audio.

You should be able to easily fix the problem by installing the video card.

Then restart the PC, go into the BIOS find the onboard audio setting.

That setting should be in the Advanced menu > Device Options section.

You will now see the onboard audio is disabled.

Change the setting to enabled.  Save it there and again when you exit the BIOS.

Upon restart and into Windows, the onboard sound should be back.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

On those old machines when you install a video card with a HDMI port, the onboard audio is automatically disabled.

That is because the PC thinks that not only did you install a video card, it thinks you installed an audio card because of the HDMI audio chip on the video card, so it disables both the onboard video, and onboard audio.

You should be able to easily fix the problem by installing the video card.

Then restart the PC, go into the BIOS find the onboard audio setting.

That setting should be in the Advanced menu > Device Options section.

You will now see the onboard audio is disabled.

Change the setting to enabled.  Save it there and again when you exit the BIOS.

Upon restart and into Windows, the onboard sound should be back.

HP Recommended

Got the sound back and thank you very much.  The other part of the problem ( I kept getting a message that popped up on start-up that said, "Could not load file or assembly 'MOMImplementation' or one of its dependencies." I click "OK" every time I started or restarted the computer and everything seemed to be OK) I figured out once I saw it was connected to the installed ATI Catalyst Manager.  I just updated the ATI Catallyst install Manager and "poof" no more message to get rid of.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.