Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
800 g2 mini

I work for IT at a hospital and im having the same issue. They sell headsets everywhere that have headphones with a mic and they only have a 3.5mm single jack. There is no seperate cable on them for mic and headphones. On my home PC which is not an HP it works fine. I plug it in and headphones and mic work. Here at the hospitla on our HP desktops, it either works as headphones or a mic but never both like its supposed to. Do these type just not work with this model desktop? Because the only posted solutions Ive seen so far are that the mic and headphones have to use seperate jacks. These are the type im talking about. headset with one 3.55mm jack.  https://www.amazon.com/Cyber-Acoustics-Headphones-Cancelling-AC-5002/dp/B074JHQ8M3/ref=sr_1_3?keywor...

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

hi

sorry, I have the impression here that a link is missing, something..
You indicate the same problem, except no reference to who, what etc?
that said, you mentioned if I understand correctly that if you connect a headset / microphone, it does not work normally
the fact is that if the computer has a headphone output only, and perhaps a separate headphone input, it will require a headphone connector only, it is not the same connector as a combo headphone / microphone
see this , probably clearer than I could try to explain

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_1659562-1439556-16

an adapter can be used in some cases

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello, 

I think I might know what is going on here. At home your computer might have a headset port but at work it might only be a headphone port.

You might need a “Y” adapter to convert your one plug into two.

Amacleay_0-1674598325099.png

Amacleay_1-1674598334958.png

One for the microphone (pink) and one for the headset (green).

I have this same model of headset and it works on a PC. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.