Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Chromebook
Other

my chromebook is the model 11-V020WM and when i play audio there is a constant static sound only when the audio is playing when i use earbuds and headphones I googled what to do but want to do what the pros suggest to do to fix my problem.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Jim20201 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting static noise while playing the audio.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Test one - what happens in Guest mode? If the problem goes away, then you have extension problems and a Browser Reset is called for:

Go to Settings . . . Advanced Settings . . . and then click on Reset Settings

You will need to review your extensions after the reset as they will all be disabled. Look at them carefully and enable only what you need. Watch for the problem returning after you enable each one individually.

Read the details on this Help page to understand what is changed during the reset.

Test two, do an EC reset (also called a Hard Reset) This process will not delete any files from your Chromebook like a Restore will, so it's a safe step.

The procedure is detailed on this web page. Some devices require specific steps, but most newer devices only require a simple keyboard sequence. First turn off your Chromebook. Next, hold down the Refresh Refresh keyboard icon key and then press the Power button. Release the keys and your Chromebook will restart.

Let us know if either procedure fixes your problem.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.