Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion Power 580-137c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this computer a few months ago and the microphone has always been quiet. This really bums me out because I really like talking to my friends in discord. I have tried updating the drivers and messing with microphone properties. Not much I can do in discord or in other games. Nothing wrong with my microphone it works well on other devices, My Microphone is an Astro A10 Headset. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@WingRiddenAngel
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:   

Firstly, Remove the audio drivers & Reinstall the original drivers 

Update the Audio drivers from the Official HP website for windows 10 (click on change on the top to switch between OS). 

Increase volume on playback device settings after setting your speaker as the default device.

If they work on the alternate device, check if the Headphones are enabled as a playback device. 

To do this, please see the steps below: 

• Click the Start Pearl and then type Sound in the Start Search Box. 

• Select Change Sound Card Settings in the Start Menu Options. 

• Next, under the Playback Tab, right click and select Show Hidden Devices and Show Disconnected    Devices if available. 

• Select Headphones and enable 

To Increase the volume on your headphone: 

Method 1 

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area. 

• Click Open Volume Mixer and increase the volume for Headphones. 

Method 2 

• Right-click the volume icon in the notification area. 

• Go to Playback devices and right click Headphones under Playback. 

• Go to Properties and set the volume to the maximum under Levels tab. 

• Click Apply and OK. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.