Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - TE01-0175xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I can not figure out how to change my mic jack to my subwoofer jack for sound

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
It seems to me that there is no precise documentation for this at our disposal
I remember the same question on the French forum, but not what it was about!
I found this:

The motherboard supports 5.1 surround sound. If the computer does not have the required audio jacks for a 5.1 configuration, additional hardware is required to use 5.1 surround sound.

It would seem, then, that sometimes, it is not possible, after what is said, is not very explicit, what does this remark mean exactly ... "" additional hardware is required to use 5.1 surround sound. ""
Now, to check, you have to see if you have an audio control panel of this type, the detection, configuration is done here:

Annotation 2020-07-28 184319.png

If nothing is detected, it means that your audio ports are not compatible for it!

Here, I am in stereo configuration, we see that only the green port is highlighted, normally if it works, the others must be visible, I do not have what it takes to test unfortunately!

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.