Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model P6402F Pavilion, is this system able to transfer music cd to flashdrive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @GBloniarz, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand you need to know how to transfer the file from music CD to flash drive.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Is the music CD copyrighted?

If the music CD is copyrighted then you cannot copy the files from the CD to flash drive. Because of piracy policies.

If the Music CD is not copyrighted, please try the steps mentioned below.

Insert an audio CD into your computer’s CD drive.
Remember: This is the source CD that contains the music you want to copy.
Open the Windows Media Player, click the Library tab, and then click the album or playlist from the CD drive to open it.
The CD should appear in the Now Playing link on the Navigation pane.
Click the Rip tab.
The titles on the currently open item are automatically ripped (copied) to the open library.
If there is a track you don’t want to copy, unmark its check box in the Rip window.
When the rip is complete, the titles appear in the playlist in the Library window.
You can now remove the CD, but its songs will remain in the Windows Media Player library for your listening pleasure.

Step 1

Insert the USB drive into a USB port on the computer and the computer will recognize that a new device has been installed.

Step 2

Click on "Computer" or "My Computer" and then open the USB drive system folder.

Step 3

Create a new folder inside the USB drive system folder in which to put the music you're going to copy from the CD. You don't have to do this, but creating folders helps with organization.

Step 4

Minimize the USB drive system folder.

Step 5

Insert the CD that contains the songs you want to copy.

Step 6

Open the CD system folder the same way you opened the USB system folder.

Step 7

Open the USB drive system folder so that the two folders overlap one another.

Step 8

Highlight the songs in the CD system folder and drag them to the USB system folder.

Step 9

Once the songs finish copying (depending on the speed of your system, the transfer can take a few seconds or a few minutes) and they'll be stored on the USB drive.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @GBloniarz, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!

I understand you need to know how to transfer the file from music CD to flash drive.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Is the music CD copyrighted?

If the music CD is copyrighted then you cannot copy the files from the CD to flash drive. Because of piracy policies.

If the Music CD is not copyrighted, please try the steps mentioned below.

Insert an audio CD into your computer’s CD drive.
Remember: This is the source CD that contains the music you want to copy.
Open the Windows Media Player, click the Library tab, and then click the album or playlist from the CD drive to open it.
The CD should appear in the Now Playing link on the Navigation pane.
Click the Rip tab.
The titles on the currently open item are automatically ripped (copied) to the open library.
If there is a track you don’t want to copy, unmark its check box in the Rip window.
When the rip is complete, the titles appear in the playlist in the Library window.
You can now remove the CD, but its songs will remain in the Windows Media Player library for your listening pleasure.

Step 1

Insert the USB drive into a USB port on the computer and the computer will recognize that a new device has been installed.

Step 2

Click on "Computer" or "My Computer" and then open the USB drive system folder.

Step 3

Create a new folder inside the USB drive system folder in which to put the music you're going to copy from the CD. You don't have to do this, but creating folders helps with organization.

Step 4

Minimize the USB drive system folder.

Step 5

Insert the CD that contains the songs you want to copy.

Step 6

Open the CD system folder the same way you opened the USB system folder.

Step 7

Open the USB drive system folder so that the two folders overlap one another.

Step 8

Highlight the songs in the CD system folder and drag them to the USB system folder.

Step 9

Once the songs finish copying (depending on the speed of your system, the transfer can take a few seconds or a few minutes) and they'll be stored on the USB drive.

Let me know if this works!

Have a beautiful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Right on the mark!! Thank you very much!!

HP Recommended

As replyed eariler, your process, as outlined, was on the money! Again, thank you very much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.