Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Dc5100 SFF (PM215AV)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi, i just upgraded my pc from windows 7 to windows 10. Everything looks okay except there is no sound on my HP Compaq Dc 5100 Sff (PM215AV). Can anyone advise me any audio driver is compatible  after this upgrade ? Your early response will be deeply appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

OK, that is the info I needed.

Let's hope this works, because if it doesn't there isn't anything else to try.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the multimedia audio controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk, and browse to:  C:\SWSetup\sp36530\i386\Vista\smwdmCH6 (setup information file).   Click Next, and hopefully the driver will install.

If it does, restart the PC and hopefully the sound will be working when you are back into Windows.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to try the Vista audio driver and hope that it works...

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp36501-37000/sp36530.exe

Try manually installing the driver if the auto install method doesn't work.

HP Recommended

Hi, i have tried installed the vista audio driver but it doesn't help. Is there any other sound driver eg Realtek which is compatible to my pc ? Hope some one can help me. Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

There aren't any other drivers you can try.

Did you try the automated update method from the Multimedia audio controller in the device manager?

Try that.  Be connected to the internet.  Go to the device manager, click on the multimedia audio controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab, click on update driver and select the automate search.

Wait until you get a result.  It may take a while for W10 to find, download and install a driver, or report that the best driver is already installed.

If that doesn't work, please post the hardware ID for the Multimedia Audio Controller, and I will give you a method to try and force the Vista driver to install on W10.

Use this guide for how to find the hardware ID for a device...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

Hi Sir, after installed the sp 36530 audio driver, the multimedia audio controller show error, i tried update the driver but the windows could not find the drivers for my pc. I right click the multimedia audio controller and select properties,  it show the drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28). I go to details and find the hardware IDs, it show the value as follows :

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_300D103C&REV_03

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_300D103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_0401

What should i do now ? Your prompt advise is much appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi:

OK, that is the info I needed.

Let's hope this works, because if it doesn't there isn't anything else to try.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the multimedia audio controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk, and browse to:  C:\SWSetup\sp36530\i386\Vista\smwdmCH6 (setup information file).   Click Next, and hopefully the driver will install.

If it does, restart the PC and hopefully the sound will be working when you are back into Windows.

HP Recommended

Hi Sir, you are really brilliant. It does solved my audio problem. Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.