Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
05-31-2019 09:54 AM
Product: pavilion p6280t
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
I have no osund on my desktop? Running Windows 7. Tried the following:
- made sure nothing is muted
- computer and monitor check indicate speakers 100%
- ran audio troubleshooter. It couldn't find a problem
- Went into device mangae, expanded sound, video and game controllers
- When I clicked on each option(Realtek High Definition Audio and AMD High Definition Aidio Device) it said that the device was working properly for both
- Ran driver up date for both options, received message saying drivers were up to date
- Uninstalled and reinstalled both options restarting computer after completing the process
- Deleted each option and restarted my computer so Windows would reinstall, which it did
- Went into contro panel and ran allfixes
- Still no sound
1 REPLY 1
06-01-2019 01:53 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Is there Red X or Yellow exclamation mark on the wireless network bar?
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you checked with external audio? earphone or headphone?
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Let's try Hard Reset: Disconnect all the Cables, Power cord and USB flash drives from the desktop and hold the power button for 20 seconds once it's done follow the below BIOS default step,
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer.
Next, perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant:
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community.
If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community