Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 25 x monitor garmin
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just bought HP monitor HP 25 x garmin. I have connected it to my pc through HDMI cable, video is working but audio does not work. I have set up HP 25 x in audio settings to select monitor audio, but I cannot hear audio despite volume is set on a higher rate. How can I solve this problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MarioLuiso Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing issue with Audio connection while connected monitor via HDMI cable.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

Please perform the below steps and check.

Step 1: Use the correct HDMI cable for your HDMI device

Most HDTV devices have more than one HDMI input port, therefore it is very important that the HDMI display's input source is set to the same HDMI port that is connected to your computer, for example HDMI 2 to HDMI 2.

If your computer and HDMI device use different cable types, you can purchase adapters. See Overview of HDMI and DVI Connections for PCs for more information.

HDMI cable connector

Image of the plug on an HDMI cable

HDMI 19-pin port (Normal)

HDMI 19-pin (Normal)

Step 2: Select HDMI sound output as the default audio device

Select the HDMI device as the default output device. When an external sound device is not connected to the computer, the sound settings revert to your computer's speakers and headphones. When the HDMI device is connected to the computer, the sound settings change to the HDMI device. Open sound settings to ensure the correct output device is selected.

note:

The images displayed in this document might differ from your computer, but the steps are the same.

1. Connect the HDMI cable to your computer and to your output device.

2. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

3. Click Sound, and then click the Playback tab.

4. The Sound window opens. On the Playback tab, select Speaker/Headphone or Speakers and Headphones, and then click Set Default.

note:

Use Default Devices for audio output devices such as headphones or speakers. Use Default Communication Device for making and receiving phone calls.

Setting Speaker/Headphone as the default audio device

5. Select the output device connected with the HDMI cable, and then click Set Default.

Setting output device connected with the HDMI cable as the default device

6. Right-click the output device connected with the HDMI cable, and then select Show Disconnected Devices. The HDMI cable must be connected when it is configured.

Selecting Show Disconnected Devices

7. To view all the available sound devices, right-click any device shown in the Sound window and select the Show Disabled Device and Show Disconnected Devices options.

Step 3: Run the Audio Check in HP Support Assistant

Run the Audio Check in HP Support Assistant to make sure the audio device is functioning properly.

1. Go to HP Support Assistant to download and install the HP Support Assistant software, if it is not already installed on your computer.

2. In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant.

3. On the My devices tab, click your computer.

Selecting your computer after opening HP Support Assistant

4. Click the Troubleshooting and fixes tab, and then click Audio Check in the One click fixes section.

5. Click Next, and then wait for the audio test to complete.

Clicking Next to start the Audio Check

6. Review the test results on the audio and microphone diagnostic results display, and then click Test Audio.

Reviewing the audio test results, and then clicking Test Audio

7. If sound is not heard correctly, click Unable to Hear Audio and then follow the on-screen instructions.

If the audio issue persists, continue to the next step.

Step 4: Use the Windows Sound troubleshooter

Use the troubleshooter to resolve audio playback issues.

1. In Windows, search for and open Control Panel.

2. Click Troubleshooting.

note:

If you do not see Troubleshooting listed, change the View by: (Located in the upper right corner of the screen) to Large Icons.

3. Under Hardware and Sound, click Troubleshoot audio playback.

note:

Administrator permission is required to run this program. If prompted, type the administrator password or provide confirmation.

Clicking Troubleshoot audio playback

4. The Sound troubleshooter opens. Click Next. The troubleshooter begins checking the audio service status.

Click Next to run the Sound troubleshooter for audio playback

5. Select the device you want to troubleshoot, and then click Next.

6. Follow the on-screen instructions and make any changes suggested by the troubleshooter. When done, close the troubleshooter.

Please refer the following link to troubleshoot HP PCs - Advanced HDMI Display and Sound Troubleshooting (Windows)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.