Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have emailed my IT man and asked for the link and the exact version and I will post it on here as soon as I hear back. HP sent me a WhatsApp   today to tell me they are releasing a new driver update to be installed as they seem to think it was caused by the new Microsoft update 

HP Recommended

HI

Try this:-

Click settings

choose update & security

Click get help

type audio

choose yes to run a scan and see if this fixes your problems

Regards

Stephen

HP Recommended

Sound Now working

HP Recommended

Only problem is now the microphone test is continuously running - sending annoying tones continuously - there doesn't seem to be a way to stop it

HP Recommended

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...

Go to this site and download the driver from here selecting the appropriate os. Don't try repairing with the HP drivers link it doesn't work.

HP Recommended

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...

Download the driver from here not through HP> Select the correct os. My IT man did this (Dove Support) and it worked straight away

HP Recommended

Updating to the Realtek Driver from the link mentioned - did not stop the continuous microphone test. Still have the same problem

HP Recommended

Your laptops audio driver must be missing. Nothing to worry just google your laptops model name with audio driver from HP’s support page u have to download it and run then check whether it is working or not. In most of the cases audio driver is faulty factor but in some cases hardware can also be damaged in this case just contact cuatomer care or visit HP center.

Hope this will Help……..

Best Regards:

BTS Merchandise

HP Recommended

Fixed the issue by setting WIndows Sounds to default - Sound is working ok and Microphone test has stopped. Been OK for about 3 days now - let's hope it stays that way

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.