Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello, we have an 8200 elite sff with WIN 7 x64 but we aren`t able to get sound from the display port. How can we solve this?! We only have one option in the sound control. We get the picture over display port, but no sound... According to this post (LINK) it should work!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
no, HP couldn`t solve the Problem. we bought a low profile graphic card for the PC with an integrated HDMI Port, which solved the sound problem...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

any known solutions?!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Review this article and see if it offers some new advice and suggestions.

Early Display Port adapters didn't support audio so you might be stymied.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same issue with HP elite 8200, my computer is connected to a TV through PortDisplay -> HDMI.

I have upgraded the drivers (Intel HD2000) to 8.15.10.2712 (Intel HD Graphics) and 6.14.0.3090 (Intel SOund Display) but the HDMI device never appear in the playback device (sound settings).

Is there any news on this topic ?

HP Recommended
no, HP couldn`t solve the Problem. we bought a low profile graphic card for the PC with an integrated HDMI Port, which solved the sound problem...
HP Recommended

hi,

I have Elitbook 8440p,  week a go i  was asked by the computer to upgrade the windows 7 and drivers.

from that moment there was no sound when  connecting my computer to tv using the  displayport.

after a lot of trail and error attempts i finally deed some thing that worked.

1. I downloaded the "hp power assistance", sp42593.exe  here :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=32...

2. during installation i asked for over write and i choosen "yes to all " option.

3. after installation i automatically opened the application and signed to update idt audio and nvidia graphic.

i unsigned every thing else. update process  finished.

4. after the computer restarted i saw every thing works fine including the sound from the display port to tv.

I hope this will work for you too.

bye bye 

HP Recommended

UPDATE*** I have since reinstalled Windows, and I am using windows 7 64bit, it appears the latest Intel HD Display 2500 Driver now automoatically enables audio out via displayport (intel display driver version 15.33.36.64.4226 , 64 bit version, dated 05/June/2015) without the need to install the Power Assistant. So intel have sorted it themselves. Get the Driver from intel's site.

Thanks very much for this comment. I have been raking myscalp because an Elite 8300 Ultra Slim has the issue of no audio via its display ports.

Installed the Latest Intel HD 2500 Drivers first from the Intel Website first of course

Installing the HP Power Assistant v2.0.5.1

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_102595_1

suddenly gave me the audio functionality via the display ports. And HP told me that the type of port the 8300 Ultra has is non-supportive of audio even though it is v1.1a which supports audio.

Anywho the Display Port via HDMI Audio is now working

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.