Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Even if you are using a USB 3.0 flash drive?

Or may be the usb drivers are outdated?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that issue.

I used Windows DVD's to install Windows on my d530's.

I didn't even know you could boot from a USB flash drive on those.

All I can tell you that there are no special drivers needed to install Windows 2000, XP, Vista or W7 32 bit on the d530.

The drive controller can only be set to IDE mode, which all versions of Windows recognize.

You are not trying to install W7 64 bit, are you?   You cannot run any 64 bit OS on that PC.

None of the processors support 64 bit operating systems.

HP Recommended

No, it's 32 bit

I'm also doubting the 512 MB RAM

but let me first try different ISO's

HP Recommended

W7 will run slow as molasses with 512 MB of memory, but that won't stop it from installing.

HP Recommended

😄....okay

HP Recommended

The RAM can be upgraded to a maximum of 4 GB, right?,,,,,and also which RAM makes can you recommend for upgrading?

HP Recommended

That is correct.

4 x 1 GB.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with that, because it has been years since I put memory in that model.

All I know is the best you can install in there is PC3200, non-ECC, unbuffered.

I think it is going to cost a lot of money too, since probably very few memory PC3200 memory chips are made today.

You might want to look on eBay for used but tested and working PC3200 memory modules.

HP Recommended

Okay

Thanks a lot

HP Recommended

I have tried different ISO's and the problem "No drives were found.Click Load Drive to provide a mass storage driver for installation" still persists

It seems as though the only way to install windows 7 is through the CD-Drive

HP Recommended

Are these versions of BIOS different

If you go to this Hp support site and select Windows XP (32 bit)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-compaq-d530-convertible-minitower-desktop-pc/316... 

You will find

1. 786B BIOS Family Processor Microcode and
  2. HP Compaq Business Desktop system BIOS(768B2 BIOS)

The BIOS currently in my PC is 786B2 v1.11 which is listed as a Previous version under the second one above

If I am trying to update the BIOS due to the microcode update error should I choose the first or the second?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.