Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi: I received the 3F0 boot device not found error which displayed on a blue screen actually it wasn’t really a black screen. I did the hard drive test and everything seemed to be okay and I rebooted and the computer is now working like normal.  Do I need to be further concerned is there anything further I should be doing?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

This could have been a transient event.

Normally this error will confirm permanence when you check hardware.

TE01-0034 specs show a 512 GB NVME SSD. This device connects directly to the motherboard. No cables, so common points of failure are the device or the motherboard socket. Other causes are possible. Additional troubleshooting steps would be required if this error continues to occur.

Keep your eye on this.

Regards

HP Recommended

hi

@mikeypark  

if come back check this 

Performing hard drive tests in HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Restore BIOS default settings

Boot Device Not Found (3F0) or Automatic Repair Errors 

The computer stops responding and displays this message: Boot Device Not Found 3F0.

Procedure 2: Ensure Legacy Support, under Boot Options, is DISABLED
NOTE: If legacy boot support is enabled, you will NOT be able to see the Intel Optane entry as described in Procedure 3.
if that does not work, that the options are not possible, you will have to try a reinstallation of the system
you may lose all your data
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi,

@mikeypark ,

Your PC does not use Intel Optane.

You have also performed HP Diagnostics at boot. the PC is working okay now. Keep an eye on this.

I don't know how Legacy boot figures into your problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.