Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy 700 pc seris model no: 700-310
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

i have a pc that used to run windows 8 then windows 10. not sure which tho. so, the hard disk i had broke or something and the pc wont load past the hp logo and the spinning dots. so i got the hard drive of an old pc and it said, on a blue box in the middle of the screen,  boot device not found, please instal bla bla bla .hard disk - 3f0 

i searched it up but no one seemed to have the same hardware(pc). im not sure how to install an operating system on a hard drive or disk or whatever but it would be great if i had some help. 

thx

Traffy

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Traffy4Law 

You can't reuse a hard drive that has an OS on it from an old PC.  Even if the drivers are similar, that is a licensing violation as the Windows version on HP PCs is tied to the PC, not to the owner.

Your thread header mentions Windows  IOT -- but that is a commercial embedded version of the OS that we do not support.  I suspect you chose that by default, which does nothing to tell us the version you really had on the PC.

You can download and create current Windows 10 install media from this link:  Windows 10 download 

But that error code means your drive has failed and would need to be replaced before you tried to reinstall Windows.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.