Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp compaq ultra slim dc7100
Microsoft Windows XP

what is the solution about this problem , 512 xhassis fan not detected, i already buy a new fan and installed it 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kodo8 

There are two different possibilities: sensor and fan.

In terms of the first, the sensor that detects a connected fan (one using the proper fan connector) has failed -- and if that is the case, there is nothing you can do about it.  You would check this by connecting a fan that is KNOWN to work and to be connected using a different motherboard or fan port.

In terms of the second, the fan circuitry has failed -- and you would check this by connecting a KNOWN working fan.

Not all fans are alike, even if they look the same, so you would have to try different ones -- but if you consistently get the warning message, the safe bet is that the onboard sensor has failed.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.