Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have recently installed a GT 1030 into my hp pro 3400. When I try to boot up I am met by 6 beeps and stuck at a blue HP logo. Then after a few minutes I get onto windows. I am running Ami bios 7.14.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have already informed you as to what you need to do.

Only a legacy graphics card is going to work in that model.  Nvidia GT 6xx or older, AMD Radeon HD 6xxx or older.

The Nvidia GT 1030 card will not work in your PC, so unless you have a newer PC to install it in, I recommend you either return it, or save it until you get a PC the card will work in.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi

AGE and SKU: please.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07107

EG: 

Beep2015.png

Power button LED blinks 6 times with 6 beeps

Video Card or Graphics

Reset the graphics card (if applicable). If the problem is not resolved, remove other accessory cards, and replace the graphics card or Main-Board.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Jgood123 

The AMI BIOS version 7.14 is too old.

Updating it to v7.16 will not fix the problem.

In order to install a GT 7xx or newer video card, your PC must have an AMI BIOS version of 8.xx or newer.

You need to stick with a legacy video card like a Radeon HD 6450 or a NVidia GT 210.

HP Recommended

Where can I get the Ami bios 8 download?

HP Recommended

There isn't a v8.xx update for the 3400 Pro, or it would have been listed on the support page under the W7 driver section like the v7.16 update is.

HP Recommended

So what shall I do?

HP Recommended

I have already informed you as to what you need to do.

Only a legacy graphics card is going to work in that model.  Nvidia GT 6xx or older, AMD Radeon HD 6xxx or older.

The Nvidia GT 1030 card will not work in your PC, so unless you have a newer PC to install it in, I recommend you either return it, or save it until you get a PC the card will work in.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.