cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Fuji94
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

8 long beeps followed by 2 long and 2 short

HP Recommended
Pavilion 690-0002no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

Trying to fix my girlfriends dads pc, and it won't post. After 30 seconds it beeps with 8 long followed by 2 long and 2 short in different pitches. Can't use win+B to recover BIOS and I don't have hardware to swap with and test, so I feel stuck. Any ideas?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,604 684 1,660
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Can't find "after 30 seconds it beeps with 8 long followed by 2 long and 2 short in different pitches".

However, a 2:2 BIOS error code reflects a corrupted BIOS. Did this happen after a HP Support Assistant BIOS update?

You tried the Win+B combo.

Try removing the CR2032 MB battery. Let the PC sit for about 10 minutes.

Reinstall the battery.

No luck doing this means you need HP factory service.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation