Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello

After resent BIOS update to my HP EliteDesk 800 G4 I can no longer wake it  up from sleep using the keyboard / mouse / button or WOL magic packet.

I have searched for and tried every advice I have been able to find here or at Microsoft, - but so far not been able to resolve this, now I hope somebody here can help?

I have checked for updates from Microsoft and using HP Assistant, - but everything already seems to be up to date.

System information from HP tool:

Product  name: HP EliteDesk 800 G4 DM 65W

Product number: 2YH17AV

Program compilation: 18WWQ6FT601#SAK8#DAK8

Total memory:  16.00 GB 

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz

BIOS: Q21 Ver. 02.27.00 - 12/11/2023

Keyboard: KBC Version 07.D2.00
Serial #: [edit]

Feature byte: 3E3X476J6S6b7B7H7M7Q7T7W7maBapaqaubhcAdUdpdqgWgzhKhZjh.Ma

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Here are some of the things I've tried:

In Device Manager I've made sure the Keyboard, Mouse and Network adaptor may waken the computer. I've also enabled this for any and all USB devises (as keyboard and mouse are connected that way), and for all HID devices.

In the BIOS I've enabled the keyboard to wake the computer.

In Energy settings I have set it to always on and at full power, - yet it rather quickly goes into some kind of sleep mode?

.  . . . I just tested also disabling the screen to be turned of, - and it seems that enables the computer to stay on!

I don't consider this as a fix but it will help further testing, - and I found i now can put it to sleep, and then wake it from power button and from the keyboard.

HP Recommended

Here's a video from HP Support about computers not waking from sleep in Win 11:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fo6LefEqOo

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Learn how to troubleshoot a computer that does not wake from sleep mode in Windows 11. This video covers restarting the computer, enabling keyboard, checking for and installing updates, and running the Windows troubleshooter. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:13 Restart the computer 00:45 Enable the
HP Recommended

Hi WAWood,
Thanks for reaching out, unfortunately I've already tried the suggested steps in the video, - to no avail.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.