2 1 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

8200 AIO does not boot - black screen

HP Compaq 8200 elite AIO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently my computer stopped booting, it would take me sometimes 30 mins to get it started. I press the power button and I can hear it powering up but the screen stays black and the bios/hp logo never comes up. Sometimes it powers up and the fans start working really loud. So I'm pretty sure it's a bios issue. I pretty much leave the pc running 24/7 because it's so hard to get it started. Same thing happens on windows reboot. I can't find any bios drivers here on the website. What should I do?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,007 5,993 565 1,265
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I would run offline HP hardware diagnostics  (Link to download) to see what is happening.

Run this file to setup a bootable USB stick. Run the diagnostics offline.

A failing HDD can cause this behavior.

Try resetting the BIOS to defaults. Try removing and replacing the CR2032 MB battery to reset CMOS.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
2 1 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for your response. I downloaded HP Support Assistant and updated the bios through it, and it fixed the problem.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation