Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A7 Me downgrade-mespilock failed

HP Omen 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently i have started to get this message of mespilock failed, that is at cold boot, the PC remains frozen for 2 minutes and then starts after showing the above message

I have updated the BIOS, installed the intel Management engine software, done the secure boot off and restart after secure boot on but to no avail, once the PC starts , it restarts perfectly with no error, kindly help

PS. before this error i have not done anything with the bios or me firmware 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Did you happen to update Windows 10 to version 1809 around the time this started happening?

Are you running this BIOS (Link) and this version of IMEI (Link)?

You did disable Secure Boot, enable Legacy Boot,  and confirm the change at restart?

The solution to this issue may require backing up data and doing a clean installation of Windows 10. But you should first try a Microsoft System Restore to a restore point created prior to the start of this error message? 

Or restore an offline disk image (if you have one) created before this problem started.

This is an unusual error with little documentation available to assist in solving the problem.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you , let me check after a clean install and then  i ll report the finings 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Lodsofthesahs,

You're very welcome.

A clean install of Windows would be a last resort.

Did you uninstall Intel Management Engine Interface (IMEI) in Control Panel, Programs and Features.

Restart your PC. Then try installing the IMEI version at the link in my first response? Or let Windows Update install IMEI for your chipset.

I would also try resetting the BIOS to defaults after uninstalling IMEI: and before installing IMEI or letting Windows Update install IMEI.

Regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Unfortunately that didnt help either (Sed face)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
5 4 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry another thing that i forgot to mention, that the frequency of appearing of this error is reduced, sometimes it appears, sometimes it doesnt after the re installation of the windows

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation