Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
BK232AA-ABA MS227

Hello, The power light comes on but all I have is a black screen without boot. The fan and hard drive operate. After I leave the computer on, like this, for an hour or 2 then re-start , it will usually boot, then.

Any solutions, please?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mannagod

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Let's try these steps -

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and media cards.

3. Disconnect the AC power adapter.

4. Press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds.

5. Reconnect the AC power adapter.

6. Turn on the computer.

If the screen is still blank, continue with the next step.

Resetting the BIOS when the computer screen is blank

1. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key for eight seconds.

2. Press the Down arrow three times.

3. Press the Enter key two times.

4. The computer restarts.
    If the blank screen issue is resolved, you are done.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner, Thank you for posting in the HP Support Community.  Have a great day!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response Echo_Lake,

I had aleready tried those reset steps before i posted to this forum.

I went ahead and went through them again.

Nothing happens at all when I do those reset instructions, just have a blank screen the same as before.

Tapping the F10 key:: There is no response possibly the Mboard/bios doesn't detect the usb keyboard?

Still at square one here the problem remains UNresolved.

Oddly enough, the PC WILL re-start everytime without a problem but from the "OFF" state it wont, as stated in my original post.

If there was a BIOS flash available I'd like to try that, once i finally get the PC to start.

HP Recommended

@mannagod

To get the answer to this question, there is no bios update available for this unit. 

To know more about software drive availability Click here HP Pavilion All-in-One MS227 Desktop PC.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.