Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just started getting this error message on start up.  I have tried to uninstall HP 3D DriveGuard from settings/apps and features but it does not appear in the list.  I also tried but failed to uninstall from the control panel.  Any suggestions on how to get rid of this error message much appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading and installing the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link over your existing installation.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67280.exe

When the installation has completed, restart the machine.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try downloading and installing the version of HP 3D DriveGuard on the following link over your existing installation.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp67001-67500/sp67280.exe

When the installation has completed, restart the machine.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

many thanks - it restarted automatically and I didn't get the error message.  Start up was pretty slow though - any tips on cleaning the system please?

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're welcome :generic:

Try temporarily, disabling Windows 10 hybrid boot - you can do this as follows.

Open Settings and select System.  Select Power and sleep, then click on Additional power settings - in the following window, click on 'Choose what the power button does' in the left hand pane.

In the subsequent window, first click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable' ( near the top of the Window ) and then remove the checkmark from the box against 'Turn on fast start-up (recommended)'.  Click the Save Settings button, then close any open windows and restart the machine.

Let Windows fully load for a couple of minutes.

Re-enable fast start-up and save the setting.

Then shutdown machine.

Start the machine and see if the boot time has improved at all.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

that helped thanks again.  I had assumed it was due to junk on the system and would have to clean it - other than regular housekeeping like deleting downloads and unwanted files is there anything else I can do to keep the system clean please?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Windows 10 does a pretty good job of keeping the hard drive on which it is installed optimised, however you may want to try running the disk clean-up tool to remove further unrequired files from the system - see the guide on the following link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/instantanswers/8fef4121-711b-4be1-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup...

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

many thanks for all your help - will give that a go

HP Recommended

You're more than welcome :generic:

All the best,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I downloaded the file from the April 1, 2017 solution.  This did not work.  I still get the error message on start-up.  I'm using Windows 7 pro.

Also, I am unable to download Windows upates.  After selecting updates, the install screen remains at 0%.

Could these two problems be related?

HP Recommended

Like BarryL1,

I downloaded the file from the April 1, 2017 solution.  Didn't work for me,  I still get the error message on start-up. This just started happening after the big Windows 10 update that installed today.

AccelerometerSt.exe

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.