Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Envy 23
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I updated the bios on my envy all In one after a pop up suggested I do so. After it was completed, it would not boot past the HP logo.

I have tried to get into the bios menu, pressing f2/f8 do nothing. It does bring up a black screen that shows the following 

Processor type: Intel (R) core (TM) i5-4570T CPU@ 2.90 GHz

Processor speed : 2900MHz

L1/L2/L3 Cache size : 32kbx2/256KBx2 /4096KB

Memory size: 8192 MB DDR3/ 1600 MHz /single channel

Channel A : XMM1 0MB

Channel B: XMM2 8192 MB

Bios revision/date: V80.11 03/07/2018

But pushing the esc key does not bring up the startup menu.  The bottom right side of this screen just says "Diagnostics"

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Sorry to hear this.

Try all BIOS Desktop recovery options at this HP site (Link).

Failure to recover the BIOS will require factory service. The only options are to replace the MB or reprogram the BIOS.

Contact HP Support (Link) or have a local PC tech take a look.

The MB is cooked if you cannot recover the BIOS.

Regards

HP Recommended

Someone had told me that because I had a Seagate SSD the bios would not force boot, so I went and bought a HP brand SSD. Do you know if this will make a difference? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

I don't think changing the storage drive will make a difference but it does not hurt to try this.

You could disconnect the current drive and try to POST the PC.

A possible fix should result in seeing a no operating system disk error message.

But you would be able to tap "ESC" at system startup to get to the HP Startup menu and the BIOS if the Seagate disk was causing the problem.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi,

No luck. That didnt change one thing. still stuck on the HP logo. Cant get into any other screen other than the one i posted the info from previously. So im thinking im at the technician stage as i cant see any other option. 

you agree? 

HP Recommended

Hi Jbird714,

One of the BIOS recovery options at the link in a previous post was to reset CMOS. Pull the CR2032 MB battery. Let the PC sit for a while. Replace the battery and try to POST the PC again.

I agree (technician time) if all BIOS recovery options are not working.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.