Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP desktop 280 G2 MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

BIOS has been updated from Version "A0.07 Rev.A" to the new version "A0.57Rev.A"  

Since the update has been applied the desktop it will not boot from any SSD. Tried booting from an SSD and the process is, I will get the HP logo screen then POST. At this point, the desktop will freeze and I will not be able to continue any further. Unable to press any keys to allow me to enter the BIOS menu or the boot menu. 

I have tried to re-flash the motherboard back to the older version with Windows + B but when I try, I get 7-8  beeps and nothing appears on the screen, I have also tried with a graphics card installed but I get no display for the bios recovery screen.

Attached a HDD with a Windows 10 OS and it boots first time, I am able to login as normal. I have tried to attach the SSD with an external drive and the disk manager will not see the SSD attached. 

As I am unable to go back to an older version of the BIOS and I am unable to see the SSD through disk manager on the problem PC, I would like some help on how to get past this issue and be able to install an SSD back onto this machine and not have to use a rotatory. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Update: Able to get it to boot from a "WD blue" but will not boot from any Samsung or the WD greens.  This issue is not resolved but I am able to move forward with an SSD installed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.