Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 595-p0084
Microsoft Windows 11

I don't know what it is about HP and BIOSs, but in the past three years the company has put out garbage. Consistently fail, consistently have to be recovered. As a Microsoft Certified IT, I regularly purchase HP products for customers and warn them to never update the BIOS, advice I obviously forgot to follow myself this morning.

An official update, specific to my computer, that I was told was compatible with my system, shut my computer down and now it will not turn back on. No POST, no Windows logo. Just black; the screen doesn't even initialize. Swapped RAM, swapped integrated/dedicated GPU, removed CMOS battery, jumper, Windows + B/V on the keyboard during boot up,  nothing.

Thank you HP for your consistent quality control. Now I have to buy a board off eBay. Lovely.

-Valce
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Valce

Welcome to the HP Support Community. Thanks for bringing this to our notice.

I see that you are facing black-related issues on your system. Do not worry, we are here to fix it.

Did you make any hardware or software-related changes to it other than the BIOS update?

I would suggest you please follow the troubleshooting steps shared in the link below and let me know the outcome of it: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01997899 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

"We are here to fix it." Appreciate the sentiment but a bricked motherboard cannot be repaired.

I didn't change any software or hardware. All I did was attempt to upgrade my BIOS from F.46 to F.47. I've been doing this long enough to know that if an update is not compatible with the system, the installer will refuse to advance, or at least prevent the update from going through. This one did, and now my motherboard is dead. I've already ordered a replacement.

-Valce
HP Recommended

From what I have understood that you have already performed all the troubleshooting steps and isolated it to be a motherboard issue. I appreciate your technical expertise.

Please have the motherboard replaced and if you face any issues in the future, you may contact us.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.