• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS hpqflash failed, now 0x13 "FLASH_IN_PROGRESS_WMI"

Hi,

I've got a few z820 workstations to administer, and was attempting to upgrade the BIOS on one of them, via HPQFLASH.exe (in Windows).  The flash appeared to be going fine until the end, when it resulted in a "0x1d" error (I think..  kicking myself for not writing this down).   If I retry HPQFLASH, I now get 0x13 ("FLASH_IN_PROGRESS_WMI"), obviously because some sort of flag has been set by the previous (failed) attempt.

What do I do now?  I'm afraid to reboot the thing.  Can the flag causing error 0x13 be manually cleaned up so I can have another shot at HPQFLASH?  is it wise to do this even if it is possible?

Thanks for any insight you can offer 🙂

Brett

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
4 4 0 1
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS hpqflash failed, now 0x13 "FLASH_IN_PROGRESS_WMI"

I had same error in BIOS flash process of Elite 8300 US. There would be assumed two causes. The one is BIOS revsion order. Sometime it could not be skipped old version. If there were version 2.0 2.5 3.0, you can not skip from 2.0 to 3.0. In case,you must  BIOS update from 2.0 to 2.5 and then 3.0. The other one is CPU mismatch. When the CPU was  G530, I had error message  0x13 but the PC works with no problems.  CPU G350 was not listed in QuickSpecs so that I tried to change Core i5-3240 then BIOS flush had finished completely. I don't know exactly, only my experience.   So please check BIOS revision order and adaptive CPU.  

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation