Boomer33
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

BIOS issue

HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So a while back I had an overheating issue, fixed that. Then I had a BIOS issue, updated that. Now my PC keeps cutting on and off without booting up, and it won’t stay on long enough for me to pull up any menu. I need to know if it’s a new part I need or what am I missing?

2 REPLIES 2
itsmyname
Level 8
1,999 1,986 75 210
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is possible that the previous overheating issue has affected your motherboard, such that it shuts down.

With the computer powered-off, can you open the case on your desktop, and identify the fans (on top of the CPU, maybe one on the back of the case)?  then, when you power-on the computer, do the fans spin, or not?

Can you try temporarily using a different power-supply, to see if that is the current issue?

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Boomer33
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes all fans work, and after switching power supplies same issue.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation