Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop GT11-1000a (ID 1Z1B6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I updated BIOS on my HP OMEN 25L desktop and after the update finished my PC just shut down, after like 30 secs I tried turning it back on but it just stays on a black screen. The previous version was F.13 and I got the HP Support Assistant notification to update my BIOS to F.15. I have tried the Windows key +b, windows key+v, turning off the power supply for 20 mins, but sadly nothing seems to be working. Thank you in advance for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

Does your PC show any life? You have no video so it is impossible to see what is going on. You might be able to create a HP USB BIOS recovery stick. Having no video would render this option pointless.

The CR2032 MB battery is located at the bottom left of the MB below the graphics card.

Shut down the PC. Disconnect AC power. Depress the power button for a while to drain residual power from the MB.

Locate the CR2032 MB battery. Remove the battery. Wait for a few minutes.

Reinstall the MB battery. This will reset CMOS. Try to start the PC again.

No change in behavior suggests HP factory service is required https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact/help/desktop .

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

It is showing some signs of life, my mouse and keyboard light up but other than that nothing.

I will try removing the CMOS battery next. Also the big diamond on the front of the PC also lights up white. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.