Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS upgrade to vF.38 11/20/2018 has left me at bootup with a locked computer

HP Pavilion Desktop 510-p030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Having followed the HP Assistant to upgrade BIOS my computer won't start.  I get a stuck picture of the HP Logo.  ESC does not work.

When I can get out of this mode ( for example using Cntrl-Alt-Del), I get at the screen top a few lines of specs of the motherboard and "BIOS Revision /Date: 81B4 vF.38 11/20/2018".  At the screen bottom a statement to press ESC key to reach System Menu.  ESC does nothing and the computer is fuilly stuck at this point.  I can power boot and get the same occurrences, nothing more.  Obviously, I need help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 12
Level 12
6,006 5,992 565 1,264
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

BIOS upgrade to vF.38 11/20/2018 has left me at bootup with a locked computer

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC may support BIOS Recovery (Link).

You may have to contact HP Support (Link) for factory service if a HP BIOS Recovery fails. You may be out of warranty unless you have a extended warranty.

The motherboard may be toasted.

HP Support Assistant BIOS updates can cause this problem. Don't do this type of update in the future.

Regards

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation