cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Silverthunder
Level 4
125 49 3 5
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Backup BIOS/ UEFI before flashing

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-336
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to backup my HP 500-336 UEFI/ BIOS before flashing.  I looked around in the interface (pressed F10 when booting) but I don't see any option in there to back up.  

3 REPLIES 3
Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,604 681 1,651
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I have never seen a BIOS Backup option on a HP consumer PC.

HP has a BIOS recovery option (Link).

Avoid using HP Support Assistant when doing BIOS updates.

Regards

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Silverthunder
Author
Level 4
125 49 3 5
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Do you know where that UEFI backup is stored?  I am just wondering if it's something that's only on the hard drive that shipped with the computer (like a recovery partition for the UEFI, similar to recovery partition for Windows).

Grzwacz
Level 12
Level 12
7,153 5,604 681 1,651
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Pretty sure the BIOS firmware is in a hidden partition named HP_TOOLS.

The HP Hardware Diagnostics 4-1 USB Key (Link) supports recovering a corrupted BIOS on some PCs. I have no idea if your PC is on the supported system list.

Scroll down the site link to see this download option.

Regards

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation