Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-336
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to backup my HP 500-336 UEFI/ BIOS before flashing.  I looked around in the interface (pressed F10 when booting) but I don't see any option in there to back up.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

I have never seen a BIOS Backup option on a HP consumer PC.

HP has a BIOS recovery option (Link).

Avoid using HP Support Assistant when doing BIOS updates.

Regards

HP Recommended

Do you know where that UEFI backup is stored?  I am just wondering if it's something that's only on the hard drive that shipped with the computer (like a recovery partition for the UEFI, similar to recovery partition for Windows).

HP Recommended

Hi,

Pretty sure the BIOS firmware is in a hidden partition named HP_TOOLS.

The HP Hardware Diagnostics 4-1 USB Key (Link) supports recovering a corrupted BIOS on some PCs. I have no idea if your PC is on the supported system list.

Scroll down the site link to see this download option.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.