Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp omen desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help required please I have recently decided I wanted to upgrade the ram in my tower so I was checking what was in the pc the next day I came to load the pc up to and all o was getting was 3 long beeps 2 short beeps repeated 5 times nothing else turns on (mouse keyboard powered by usb ) I have checked the ram is seated properly and still nothing any help please

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi.

A 3:2 BIOS error code is a memory initialization problem. HP Reference doc (Link).

Did you remove and reseat the memory modules when checking the memory? Try doing this again.

Then try one memory module in each memory slot to see if the PC will POST. Repeat this process for each memory module installed in the PC. It is highly unlikely you have damaged all memory modules or all MB memory slots.

It sounds like you have memory module damage or MB damage.

You may have to purchase a new, compatible memory stick to determine MB damage if the PC will not POST using existing memory modules.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.