Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Powered on my HP All-in-One Desktop, pressed windows key + B to boot BIOS and computer made several single beeps...paused a few seconds and then started beeping pattern of 1 long, 2 short beeps.  When these  beeps finished, it left me sitting at my desk, staring at a black, blank screen. Computer is on, but now at a complete standstill.  Have no frig'n clue as to what caused this issue or how to fix it.  I've pretty much exhausted every solution suggested by **bleep** near everyone. Being the completely stubborn and persistent female that I am...I have spent countless time and energy trying to revive this lifeless device.  I'm now reaching out to anyone who is willing to take the time to read my hopeless plea for help...otherwise, I will forced to make the painfully difficult decision to let go and pull the plug 🥲 So, if anyone has dealt with this exact problem and has successfully resolved the issue...Please advise. Thanks 😊 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The AIO beep code reference document does not list any 1 long 2 short

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06589940

Please provide the product ID (not serial number) for your system.

Why did you attempt the bios recovery in the first place?

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.