Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop - M01-F0025na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer got stuck in a loop, returning to the "Choose an option" screen no matter which option I chose besides a select few. I have tried several methods to circumvent this, including formatting my ssd (I don't have any important files so I don't mind if I lose anything). Without going into too much detail I no longer have access to this screen, but that's not the issue I'm having.

The problem is that many of the solutions I thought of require use of the bios. However whenever I try to access it with F10, it asks for an Administrator Password (which I did not set up, so it is presumably there by default). How do I find out what the password is? It has restricted my options more than any other issue I've run into today.

It's late right now so I wont be able to respond right away, but thank you in advance 🙂

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

For a desktop computer, there is a simple way to nullify that password, but the rules for participating on this forum do not permit anybody to tell you how to bypass the computer's security. So, contact HP Support, to get help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.