Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion HPE
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi, I need reprogram the Bios Chip, but there isn't any information on the chip, my question is, How I identify the Bios chip. I did look the motherboard diagram but there isn't any chip picture. I do have a desktop h8 1010  hp pavilion HPE

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Please explain what reprogramming the BIOs chip means.

Are you looking for a BIOS update from HP?

The only BIOS update for your PC when running Windows 7 can be reviewed at this (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

What I mean Word Bios update is, the Bios Setting was corrupted, and becauese o tris I have to Reprogramar the Bios chip or buy a new one

HP Recommended

Hi Macorix,

Did you try pulling the MB CR2032 battery to reset CMOS? Try a new MB battery while you are doing this.

HP normally uses an AMI BIOS. Many motherboards use a Winbond BIOS chip.

Your PC was released for sale in 2011. HP would, probably, not be able to provide a solution at this point. Maybe HP can reprogram the BIOS.

I am sure there are unapproved hacks on the web somewhere.

You might be able to purchase a refurbished HP Carmel MB somewhere.

Regards

HP Recommended

You can try a repair shop where they can take out the chip and re-program it in a special machine then put it back on the board.

It happened to me once on a minipc with a corupted bios...and that was the only solution...and they fixed it!

It will be cheaper than trying to find another motherboard too!

Hope this helps! Good luck

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.