Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Bios restore after failed update

HP Recommended
HP 280 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Computer: HP 280 G1

Bios update went wrong.

I tried update Bios for this desktop computer.

After giving the Serial number and product number, it shows that there's two different bios version to download.

I choose of course the latest.. "HP280G1 Bussiness/HP 280 Pro G1 Bussiness System BiosBios 80.29 Rev A (13th May 2019)". (Yes it's written so on website).

After installing it gives 3 to 5 beeps, and after that no signal to display...

No beeps after restart.. and no signal to display.

Somewhere was told that to install this update into USB memory, and starting computer pressing power on for 2 sec + WIN+V keys on and holding several second after releasing power key.. Nothing happend. (same with power + Win+B)

I try that with that "HP280G1 Bussiness/HP 280 Pro G1 Bussiness System BiosBios 80.29 Rev A (13th May 2019)" bios and older "HP Compacq Business desktop ROMPaq Firmware 80.14 Rev.A (29th Sep. 2015).

So what else to do, or does this computer become a "lightweight" brick?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation