Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Victus 16 (16-E0127AX)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There was a BIOS Update on my laptop. It said it was 12 mb size. Usually in the BIOS update the laptop should be restarted. Then when it was restarting my laptop suddenly goes black screen because of the fan spinning and the power button is still on but the screen theres nothing showing. It was very odd because since I bought it,I already update the BIOS and it goes quite well. Then I went to its customer service at WhatsApp. We tried everything but nothing happen. They said its an issue in the motherboard. I was very disappointed with this. NOW I CANT DO MY WORK BECAUSE OF THIS. I JUST BOUGHT THIS LAPTOP 3 WEEKS AGO!!! years waiting and collecting money to buy my own laptop and choose you HP. Please, I hope this problem will be fixed as soon as possible.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@Qai --   I JUST BOUGHT THIS LAPTOP 3 WEEKS AGO!!! 

A few points:

1. your purchase entitles you to a month (?) of free telephone-support from HP;
  2. it would not be ethical to return the computer to the store that sold it to you, and to make a claim that it is "defective" and that it should be repaired/replaced, but some stores do have a "no questions asked" money-back guarantee for the first few weeks;
  3. generally, the HP Warranty covers "hardware" failures for the first year. But, I don't know if the symptoms imply a "hardware" failure.
  4. you can always pay a computer-technician to trouble-shoot.

I hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Same thing happened to my pc. I contacted the hp the moment it happened, but after trying a no of things when the pc didn't restart they assigned a technician for visit. They said the issue is with motherboard and it was not a software issue. Any update on this situation. Has anyone fixed there pc or got it fixed by hp?

HP Recommended

Yea,my technician also said it was a motherboard issue.

So far as I can see is that hp really **bleep**ed this time. Its been 1 week, I can't continue my work. Lets hope for the best.

HP Recommended

@shubham0073 --  they assigned a technician for visit. They said the issue is with motherboard and it was not a software issue.

They probably are correct. But, the HP Warranty *SHOULD* cover replacement of a defective motherboard. If not, then what is the value in having a warranty?

Any update on this situation. 

Please contact HP Support. They are the only ones who are "tracking" your request.

HP Recommended

@Qai -- when they said it was a hardware issue, what else did they say? That the warranty covers broken hardware, during the first one-year term? Did they say that they will order a replacement motherboard, and install it? Or, that you need to create an RMA (Return of Materials Authorization) to be allowed to ship your computer to the nearest Authorized HP Service Centre, for the replacement to be done?

HP Recommended

Yeah the warranty will cover all the expenses but the issue is time. It is already been a week but no technician has visited. Technician Visit was supposed to happen on 1 Oct but it didn't. And today they are saying they do not have the part and I will have to wait 4-5 days. This is so frustrating I am not able to do my work because of this. How long do I have to wait? This is not what I expected from HP's customer service.

HP Recommended

@shubham0073 -- I am not able to do my work

How valuable is your work?

In my area, there is a local "owner/operator" computer store that sells "basic" computers, running Windows 10, for about $100 (USA).  Purchase that computer. Remove the disk-drive from the laptop. Connect that disk-drive as a "secondary" disk-drive in the computer. This will give you access to all your personal files, your E-mail, and the Internet. 

HP Recommended

Well my work is important to me but I am not going to buy another laptop or pc for this. I have already invested my money on this laptop. This laptop should work I mean this was not our mistake the bios update bricked our pc. And besides even if I bought another cheap laptop it would not be able to run the software that I need that's why I bought this laptop. Hp should really improve their customer service.

HP Recommended

I gotta agree with that. I really hope hp sees this.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.