Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 23 all-in-one 23-b005ef
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After BIOS upgrade to last version (8.17RevA) my computer screen doesn't boot up and screen stay black.

I downloaded this bios upate from HP Official site :

https://support.hp.com/fr-fr/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-23-b000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series/52...

When I power on, power cord led is correct (white), power button led is amber blink for a few second, then stay amber (instead of white usually). No bip and nothing on screen. USBseem to work fine because keyboard is light are good, CD drive also is functionnal.

It's seems my BIOS is damaged, It try clearing CMOS (by removing battery) and Bios Recovery procedure (HP ROM file renamed to HPBIOS.ROM on a USB key or CD Drive) but it didn't work.

May you please help me ? 

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@abarrin

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to windows after the BIOS update.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for your help.

I follow your document and did Step1 (Remove discs and devices) and Step2 (Perform a hard reset - on All-in-one PC) but same result : screen is black. 

Step 3(Run hardware diagnostic tests) and Step4 (Refresh or reset your PC) cannot be done because nothing appear on screen.

BIOS seems to be damaged so we need to do a BIOS recovery I think. Do you know how to do it by a USB key or DVD disk may be ?

Thanks,

Ahmad

HP Recommended

@abarrin

It looks like a hardware issue and I recommend you contact support and they will assist you with the available service options.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Just one last comment to summarize for other who migth read this post.

Like advised by The_Fossette, I contacted HP Support. They replied quickly by phone, but told me this computer is out of warrantly since 2014 and no spare part exist anymore on HP side. They ask me to try 2 startup keystroke combination (Ctrl+B and also Ctrl+V) but it didn't succeed.

They give me a external partner phone number, I call them but they wasn't workng for personal user, so they give me another company in France but to far to send them product and ask for repair. Anyway, they both told me they don't have spare parts so they can do anything. What I need in my case should be a new motherboard because BIOS is damaged.

It's really disappointing for this old model HP didn't implement a sofware recovery mecanism to recover from failed BIOS update like in more recent HP model.

I advice to not download last BIOS update 8.17 Rev.A for this model (23-b005ef - HP Pavilion 23 All-in-one) , otherwise you might be forced to put your pc to trash like me.

Cheers !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.