Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi, I installed a Polish Microsoft language pack a few days ago, my keyboard kept defaulting to it and some apps were in Polish so I uninstalled it, this wasn't straightforward as the remove option was greyed out  After uninstalling, my edge email app and the Microsoft store were in Polish so I did a system restore  On rebooting after the restore  the boot up stuck on the black screen, just my cursor and the spinning blue wheel visible  tried to switch off and on to clear but on start up all I get is the momentary HP l

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Cass4,

Thanks for the update and I'm happy to know your issue is resolved now.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Cass4

Are you able to boot into the BIOS or F2 page on the PC?

Please share the product number of the PC to assist you better.

Try performing a power reset on the PC.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.

3. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

4. Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

5. Remove the battery from the battery compartment.

6. With the battery and power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.

7. Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the laptop, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

8. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

The computer starts normally or a startup menu opens.

NOTE: 

If your computer does not start after pressing the Power button, then a power reset did not resolve the startup issue. SeeAdditional resources for further troubleshooting steps.

9. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.

10. After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.

If you are able to boot into BIOS try restoring the BIOS to default.

1.    Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
2.    Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
3.    On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
4.    Press F10 to Save and Exit.
5.    Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
6.    Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

Lastly, if you still have issues after trying out the steps try performing a system reset from the recovery partition on the PC.

Refer this article to know more information about performing a system reset on the PC. Click Here

Refer this article to further troubleshoot no boot issues. Click Here

Let me know if this helps!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for responding. I managed to fix it in the end  by tapping the F11 key as soon as the HP logo appeared, allowed me to access the advanced recovery options  I tried a system restore to a date before I installed the problem language pack but this failed so I tried a SR to the day I installed it which was successful  When the OS booted successfully after this  I googled for a different way to uninstall the rogue language pack which was a success    PHEW! 

Thanks again 

HP Recommended

@Cass4,

Thanks for the update and I'm happy to know your issue is resolved now.

If you have any queries in future related to any HP products, you can always reach out to us.

We will try our best to help you out.

Take care,
Have a great day! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.