Level 1
9 3 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Black screen and 3 long beeps 2 short beeps

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion tp01-0145m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys I’m having trouble with my desktop. I try to power it on but when it turns on it does 3 long beeps and 2 short beeps and the screen is blank. From what I’ve read online I believe it’s supposed to be a RAM problem. Thanks for any suggestions! 

2 REPLIES 2
Prométhée
Level 16
Level 16
4,901 4,835 536 2,095
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello
unfortunately, we have several documents, but it is difficult to know which model it corresponds to.
But yes in general this code is a memory problem
From what I observed, this computer would be equipped with a single module, so difficult to test ..
You can just try to change the slot if it is!
If not, remove the module, and try to restart, logically, you must have the same code, this could confirm a problem with the memory module!

TP01-0145m Product Specifications

8 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users:
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

0 Kudos
Mario_V17
Author
Level 1
9 3 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey thanks for the reply! I actually just fixed it by taking out the cmos battery for about 30 seconds and the power supply for 5 minutes. I’m not exactly sure how this solved the problem but it did!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation