Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
10-30-2022 05:08 AM - edited 10-30-2022 05:08 AM
I am looking for a little assistance.
The current symptoms are:
- No boot
- Black screen
- Flashing backlight
- Fans running at full speed
I have already tried the following:
- New CMOS battery
- Replaced RAM with spare (not guaranteed working)
- With RAM disconnected motherboard beeps
- Unable to access BIOS recovery via windows key + B, this does stop the backlight flashing, but still has black screen.
- Downloaded HP BIOS tool to a USB drive - with USB drive connected, still unable to access boot menu.
If anyone has any advice for any future steps, I would be extremely grateful.
12-09-2022 12:57 AM
Whether the black screen issue began before or after login, you should first try to restart the computer. Sometimes all it takes is a simple reboot to get the system back on track. If you can't restart the computer the normal way, try to access the power button by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete.
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community