Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavillion All in one 24-a205na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My all in one 24-205na has power, the LED light is on and i can hear the fan, the LED is solid white and not flashing and no beeps heard. The problem is it has a black screen, no HP logo appears and nothing happens.

I've been through every step on the trouble shooting guide but that has not proved to be successful.

It was working perfectly a couple of weeks ago and then the next day this happened.

Do you have any ideas or advice on what I can do to rectify please?

Best regards

Matt

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

It would be good to know what specific troubleshooting steps you have taken.

This symptom could be a failing power supply, or the motherboard, or a component connected to the motherboard is in trouble.

Windows 10 feature updates can sometimes cause this symptom.

You may have to have HP or a local PC tech diagnose the cause.

Only connect a keyboard and mouse now.

You have no video and it appears you may not be able to get to the BIOS by tapping "ESC" at startup. Then select "F10 BIOS Setup" to enter the BIOS.

I would probably disassemble the chassis. Pull the CR2032 motherboard battery, let the PC sit for about 15 minutes.

Reinstall the battery. This will reset CMOS. 

Regards

HP Recommended

hank you very much for your reply.

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps all the way down to removing the rear cover and re seating the HDD and RAM. 

i will try and remove the motherboard battery and follow your advice. I will keep you updated on whether this has made an impact.

Many thanks

Matt

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

Don't forget the power supply.

A failing PSU can supply the volts but may not provide the correct amps to energize the motherboard and CPU.

Example, a failing car battery can power the interior lights and the radio. But cannot provide enough power to start the car.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.